By patriotadmin | April 5th, 2017 | 0 Comments.
National Pest Management Month in April
Patriot Pest & Termite Control is joining the pest management and prevention industry in celebrating National Pest Management Month this April, a public observance recognized each year by the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) and Chase’s Calendar of Events to acknowledge the pest management industry’s commitment to the protection of public health, food and property from common pest threats. Patriot Pest & Termite Control encourages homeowners to take the proper precautions this spring to protect their homes from an unwanted infestation.
Patriot Pest & Termite Control advises homeowners to pest-proof their homes this spring
“Pests we regularly come in contact with are a public health concern and can severely compromise our quality of life. For example, rodents and cockroaches contaminate food, spread disease, and exacerbate allergy and asthma symptoms, while backyard pests like ticks and mosquitoes spread diseases like Lyme disease, West Nile virus and Zika virus,” said Kevin DeWitt, Owner and Certified Technician at Patriot Pest & Termite Control. “This spring — prime time for these pests to emerge given the warmer weather — it’s important for homeowners to contact a pest professional for any infestation concerns and prevention.”
• Eliminating sources of standing water around the house, including birdbaths and clogged gutters to help reduce biting mosquito populations.
• Sealing any cracks on the outside of the home, including entry points for utilities and pipes.
• Repairing weather-stripping and loose mortar around the foundation and windows.
• Removing tree branches and trimming shrubbery away from the house. Overhanging branches can act as highways into the home.
• Repairing fascia and rotted roof shingles.
• Placing mulch at least 15 inches from the foundation.
• Ventilating basements, attics, and crawl spaces as well as keeping them dry.
• Storing garbage in sealed containers and disposing of it regularly.
• Avoid leaving pet food out in dishes for long periods of time.
• Most importantly, determining the best pest preventative service plan to suit your home and needs by contacting Patriot Pest & Termite Control.
For more information on common household pests and preventative services available, please visit our website at https://patriotpestcontrolaz.com/services/.